With the majority of Americans now attempting to eat healthierand an estimated million of them each year in the past decadeadopting vegetarian or semi-vegetarian diets, “The CompleteMacrobiotic Diet” is ready to enter the cultural mainstream.
In this flexible, expanded volume, Denny and Susan Waxman give readers an invaluable resource to transform their physical and mental health. Denny Waxman’s conversational guidance helps newcomers to macrobiotics, as well as those transitioning to vegetarian and vegan lifestyles. For those currently practicing macrobiotics, this book will help you receive the most benefit from this way of eating and living. Susan Waxman’s recipes are richly detailed and easy to follow. These recipes capture the essence of seasonal, macrobiotic cooking as well as represent a variety of global cuisines and ingredients. The Strengthening Health approach to macrobiotics covered in this volume is a new, fresh perspective to the most comprehensive plant-based lifestyle.
The practices outlined in this book will help you:
- improve your overall physical and mental health
- think more clearly and improve memory
- look vibrant and strengthen your self-image
- enhance your cooking skill
- enjoy deeper nourishment and satisfaction from meals
- improve digestive health
- integrate healthy activity into your life
- have more deep, restful sleep
- understand the importance of local and indigenous foods
- support a healthier environment
- cultivate the spirit of health
- experience the anti-aging effects of macrobiotics
- decrease your risk for common modern illnesses from obesity to cancer